~ Excerpted from The Pomegranate Diaries
Mast-o-Khiar is a traditional Persian yogurt dish made with fresh mint and cool cucumber. Some people prefer to add walnuts or rose petals, while others even include raisins. Traditionally it is the simple fresh flavours of the mint, cucumbers and yogurt used as a an addition to a rice based meal but it can be used as a dip or even watered down as a flavourful cold soup.
- 1 750 gram container of plain yogurt
- 1 seedless english cucumber, peeled and diced finely
- 2 green onions (green & white parts), sliced thinly
- 3/4 cup chopped fresh mint leaves
- salt and pepper to taste
- Mix all the ingredients together in a large bowl.